Saturday, December 18, 2010

Parko Triple Crown Hat Trick...

Joel Parkinson Wins The 2010 Van Triple Crown Of Surfing from Joel Parkinson on Vimeo.

After almost cutting his heal off earlier in the year, to a perfect 10 and 9.87 in first heat back from ridiculous injury, to 3 consecutive Triple Crowns...

The man oozes style and grace would have undoubtedly been a 2010 world title contender minus this nasty injury...


Here's what Parko posted on his website straight after his crowning....

We spoke to Joel early this morning, 10 minutes after he’d just threepeated the Hawaiian Triple Crown… with a coffee in one hand and a champagne in the other.

JP.com: Let’s rewind to you sitting on your lounge in Coolangatta with a million stitches in your foot: when did the first thoughts of the Hawaiian season and the Triple Crown start doing laps of your head?

Joel: Pretty much as soon as I got out of hospital, I suppose. People were saying that I might be back for Teahupoo, but my doctor was saying to me, “Realistically, mate, you won’t be doing much for three months.” So I started thinking that writes me off until the Triple Crown and Hawaii, and once I started surfing again – three of four weeks before I got here – that’s all I was thinking of. I just wanted to get here to Hawaii and surf us much as I can. Not so much the Triple Crown and the contests were motivating me; it was simply getting back into the water.

Click here to read the rest of the interview

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...